Carrie S. Leslie wrote on her blog about Trends in The Online Advertising Industry.
The part which I like the most is the list of Facebook and Twitter list of trends:
Facebook online trends:
1. Around 70% of Facebook users live outside of the U.S. and the site is available in over 70 different languages for targeting international customers.
2. 400 million people log into their Facebook profile at least once every month, 50% of these people are on the site every day.
3. Women aged 55 and up are the fastest growing Facebook demographic in America. – this one really surprise me because I didn’t think that this group will improve their social media skills that fast
4. Advertisers can use profile information to market specifically to certain users.
Twitter online trends:
1. Twitter has a user retention rate of 40%
2. Most tweets are Babble, Conversational, or Pass Along Value (Retweets)
3. The most popular time to tweet is from 4PM to 10Pm Eastern Standard Time – which means ‘after work’
4. There is an equal population of male and female members of Twitter.
5. The highest demographic for Twitter is people aged 18 to 34.
As I can see it – there is a great potential and we need to know exactly where our customer is ….and wait there for them 🙂