I have been checking some information regarding building website. As someone who is not a webmaster all I need to know and all I really want to know is a well-prepared schedule –> step by test agenda what needs to be done.
Here are some ideas what you should expect from company/people who will build you a website or at least make sure they will cover some of those steps:
- do some research –> what exactly do you want, check the best websites (from your area of interests),etc.
- define goals
- define audiences
- inventory and reorganize the content –> if you have old website or you have content which you want to publish on your new website
- gather technical requirements
- choose the right platform
- design layout of your website (don’t forget it should fit to your company’s logo)
- usability testing
- build the website
- develop a management plan for the website
- update and manage the content
- quality test
- user acceptance test
- double check for any bugs after user test
- launch the website
this is the suggestion and every of those points should be develop.
Jennifer Shaheen at enterpreneur.com pointed out some suggestions what you should be focus on during planning build a website.