Have you been wondering how to store your files on-line just in case if something happen to your computer or in case if you need to have an access to your files while away from home?
- emails –> you can store/maintain your email directly online using gmail | hotmail | yahoo | etc.
- on-line storage –> box.net, Dropbox
- on-line backup –> Carbonite, Mozy, iDrive, Backblaze
- Cloud services –> Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft
- picasa –> to share pictures, videos
- amazon –> to share and store music, pictures, ebooks
- apple–> iCloud
- google docs –> share (collaborate) presentations, word files, excel files, forms
- microsoft cloud
Before you decide which application to use to share/sync/store your files please remember:
- check the price –> some applications are for free or at least they are offering the basic version for free
- check the access –> make sure what kind of access you will have to the application (via device, web-based app, etc.)
- check the size –> make sure how much space are available. If you want to make a backup of your computer folders you need a lot of GB available
- check the security options –> how well those applications are secure