How many social media applications/platform are you using?
ohhh…do you have problems to count all of them? Let me guess, some of those applications you are using on your mobile, some on your computer.
Lets think how many (really) social media applications/platforms we can use and be up-to-date:
- Google –> google docs, google reader, gmail, google voice, google search, Picasa, google maps, etc. – covers a lot of our needs
- Facebook –> instant communication, sharing photos, status updates, videos, etc.
- Twitter –> another way of text messages, great for networking, etc.
- Linkedin –> network application for professionals
That’s a great beginning, isn’t it?
- how many applications do you really need?
- haw many applications do you have but didn’t use for last few weeks?
I was attending the “Share, Store and Sync” meeting provided by Joe Parla.
Have you been wondering how to store your files on-line just in case if something happen to your computer or in case if you need to have an access to your files while away from home?
- emails –> you can store/maintain your email directly online using gmail | hotmail | yahoo | etc.
- on-line storage –> box.net, Dropbox
- on-line backup –> Carbonite, Mozy, iDrive, Backblaze
- Cloud services –> Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft
- picasa –> to share pictures, videos
- amazon –> to share and store music, pictures, ebooks
- apple–> iCloud
- google docs –> share (collaborate) presentations, word files, excel files, forms
- microsoft cloud
Before you decide which application to use to share/sync/store your files please remember:
- check the price –> some applications are for free or at least they are offering the basic version for free
- check the access –> make sure what kind of access you will have to the application (via device, web-based app, etc.)
- check the size –> make sure how much space are available. If you want to make a backup of your computer folders you need a lot of GB available
- check the security options –> how well those applications are secure
Do you have a wordpress.com blog and would like to publish some Google Docs files or Google calendar?
WordPress.com presents new options (great!):
You can publish files created on Google Docs:
..or you can publish files created on your computer and then uploaded to your Google Docs
more information how to publish files from Google Docs – you can find here
more information how to publish your Google Calendar in your blog widget- you can find here