Did you check how your resume look like? When was the last time when you updated your resume? (and it doesn’t matter whether you have a job or you are looking for a job).
Did you google yourself? Not yet? Try it, find out what other people (potential employers or recruiters) can find about you on-line.
7 ways what you can do with your resume:
- create it –> that’s good start, right? that’s just in case if you didn’t write one. Why you should do that? It’s good to collect all important information about your career (you never know when you might need it).
- paper version –> classic. Do you know that some people do not have the paper version of their resume – why? because they don’t need to. But they still have resume – just in electronic version
- .pdf / .doc files –> when you wrote your resume, remember to save it in few different type of files: .pdf – looks most professional (and you know that the recipient of your resume will see it exactly in the same layout as you) .doc (Microsoft Office Word) – some companies/recruiters ask for .doc version.
- infographic –> yes it’s true, you can create your resume in different way. Here’s some great resumes (I found them via Mashable:
- on-line resume –> on Linkedin profile, where you can contact with many other professionals from your area + all over the world
- on-line resume –> flavors.me, your on-line business card, which can looks like this:
- video resume –> ohh yes, yes you can record your own video resume. And you don’t have to be graphic designer nor movie director to create your own video-resume. You can simply do it yourself using applications available, e.g. videoBIO or use free apps like: youtube video or Windows Live Movie Maker, or many other apps.
Maybe you should think about adding charts to your resume – think what kind of charts/graphs you can create (and I believe you can). Don’t worry, it should be something simple. The reason why it’s good to add some charts is to drag someone’s attention. They won’t remember all the details you wrote but they will remember that chart where you presented some information, etc.
Few more How-tos upgrade your resume you can find on Mashable:
Give your resume a boost and be more visible in professional world.
Categories: blog, development
cv, flover.me, job, job search, job search strategy, Linkedin, new resume, on-line resume, resume, self-development, update your resume, video resume, visualcv, women success, www applications